|How to convert Excel VBA programs from using DataqSerial to UltimaSerial|
DATAQSerial is an obsoletted ActvieX from DATAQ to interface with some older versions of Windaq starter kits
If you have one that uses the obsolete DataqSerial and want to convert it to UltimaSerial to take advantage of the extra power, follow the steps below:
Before you proceed, please backup the VB program you want to convert and install UltimaSerial
1) Open the Excel spreadsheet
2) Select Tools->Macro->Visual Basic Editor to show the VBA codes
3) In the Project Window (Use View->Project Explorer to enable it if it is not on your desktop), open the VBA project. At this point, you may need to supply a password if it is protected.
4) Locate DataqSerial control in the form listed in Project Window, and write down its name, which is usually identified itself as DataqSerial1 if you use Excel samples provided by DATAQ.
5) Delete DataqSerial from the form.
6) Use View->Toolbox to enable the toolbox if it is not on your desktop.
7) Right-click on the toolbox and you will see an option called Additional Controls...
8) Select it and you will see all the controls available on your system
9) Find and enable the UltimaSerial control from the component list. At the same time, remove DataqSerial from the component list
10) Insert UltimaSerial to your form. At this point, you have two options:
Option 1: (this is good for future reference)
Option 2: (this is a lot simpler)
Now, you are ready to go!
Last update: 02/29/12
Copyright: 2000-2005 www.UltimaSerial.com